Cash Machine / ATM – Good practice
- Memorise your PIN – never write it down and shield the keypad when entering the number.
- Be alert and put personal safety first. If someone is crowding or watching you, cancel the transaction and go to another machine. Never allow yourself to be distracted.
- If you spot a camera, suspicious device or apparent interference with the cash machine – DO NOT USE IT. Contact the bank immediately.
- Immediately report a card which has been confiscated at a cash machine without warning and if you can, don’t leave the machine.
- Never rely on a stranger to help retrieve a confiscated card or assist you at a cash machine.
- Once you have completed a transaction put your money and card away before leaving the cash machine. Destroy, or preferably shred, your cash machine receipts, mini statements or balance enquiries when you dispose of them.