We’ve received a report of a substantial theft of sheep from a rural location in Lanarkshire.
Farmers’ livelihood’s can depend on their livestock and these types of thefts mean they lose out on many thousands of pounds.
If you own sheep;
– Always secure your gates with a chain and padlock and make sure all gates and fences are in good condition.
– Ensure your sheep are tagged and, where possible, have an identifying marker.
– If possible, allow sheep to graze away from the roadside
– Regularly heard and count livestock
– Keep pedigree stock closer to home
– Report any suspicious activity/theft immediately to 101 or 999 in an emergency
Even if you do not own sheep, you can help. Please report suspicious behaviour on 101 or 999 in an emergency.
If you would like to anonymously provide information on Livestock Theft, or any other type of Rural Crime, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.